Since its founding, the Museum of Modern Art of Bogotá - MAMBO has been investigating, preserving, and promoting modern and contemporary art through its collections, exhibitions, and educational programs.
The architecture department works every day to create a museum accessible to all. We create spaces to display our exhibitions and safeguard our modern and contemporary art collection. Likewise, we seek to maintain and preserve our building, one of Bogota´s architectural jewels.
Our main projects are to: Provide citizens with accessible services and care areas to benefit early childhood populations, expectant mothers, caregivers with baby trolleys, people with reduced mobility, and those physically disabled.
Incorporate spaces that follow international standards to produce exhibitions, preserve, and assemble works to continue the cultural development of modern and contemporary artistic expressions.
Preserve the building as a public space so that it prevails as a landmark of modern Colombian architecture.
We love getting involved with our community. We believe that art and education are powerful pedagogical tools that expand knowledge by encouraging dialogue, diversity, and coexistence. For this reason, we constantly work to create compelling educational experiences.
- We get to know our visitors so that the Museum connects with their interests and needs.
- We develop educational programs to bring art to all audiences.
- We create pedagogical tools and strategies to motivate dialogues and profound reflections.
- We promote the Museum as a meeting place for diversity and inclusion.
- We encourage the use of technologies to communicate, collectively create, and share knowledge.